February, Where Did You Go?
The fact that I am reflecting on February a day late (and with an extra day in February!) kind of sums up the month itself. I was a big procrastinator! But, here’s my reflection on how the month of February went and how I did trying to make the most out of it. I have 6 main categories that I am focusing on, so without further adieu…
- Ewan: He is such a good boy! What I do need to work on with him though is his motivation. He is not very intense and can be very lazy. I need to find some activities that he enjoys that will help make him more focused. If I can help him improve, then I will become less frustrated with him and that will make for a happier mama!
- John: What can I say, we just get along. He laughed at me yesterday for thanking him for doing the dishes. He said that it’s his job too and I completely agreed. I also told him that I will keep on thanking him for things that he does whether it’s his job or not just so that he always knows that I notice and appreciate him. I don’t want him to ever feel that I take him for granted and that’s one way to show it. I do think that I need to think of something more creative for us during March.
- Family: Well, I wasn’t such a great daughter, grand daughter, sister, etc. in February. I had a week off in February, and I didn’t take that opportunity to go visit my family. Part of it was laziness and the other part was selfishness. I just wanted a week to stay at home, here in NYC. My plan was to get lots done (car inspection, taxes, wedding stuff, cleaning, etc.). I completed about 50% of what I wanted to get done. And now, I don’t have a long period of time again to go visit them until summer. I didn’t play that right and I feel upset about it.
- Friends: I did go out a couple of times with friends, but I am so bad about calling and even texting. I gave up Facebook for Lent and while I have to admit, I feel pretty good about it. I feel… lighter, lol. At the same time thought, I feel out of the loop on lots of things. Perhaps if I kept in touch better on a more personal level (calling and texting) I wouldn’t feel so out of it. I feel like I need a boot camp in being a better friend. I’m going to research that topic for my own sake and to share in my “regular” posts.
- Looking Good and Feeling Good: I completed month #2 of the p90x3 program! I completed 24 out of 29 workouts. I missed a bunch more days than I did in January, as in I completed about the same percentage, but I doubled up and worked out 2x a day to make up for the days that I skipped. I don’t know if that is necessarily a bad thing, but I would like to be more consistent in March and workout on the day that it is scheduled. BTW… I have lost 0 pounds in 2 months. But I have lost 1/2 inch in my waist (that’s what I needed for my wedding dress) and a 1/2 inch in both my thighs. My numbers don’t show much, but I feel toner. I have before and after photos and I’m getting there. I need to add in more ab workouts in March though. Another focus of mine under this topic is my dental health. I just went to the dentist on Saturday and she said I was lookin’ good. Cavity free! I’ll take that, woo hoo! I still need to snack healthier and LESS!
- Being Me: I have continued to blog regularly. 🙂 I have even signed up for a photo challenge, so that is my something new for the month. I’ve put in much more time and effort into my Lemongrass business in the last couple of weeks, so I am looking for some increased sales in March. I do need to raise more money for my American Foundation for Suicide Prevention Out of the Darkness Walk that is approaching rather quickly. But I am attending a meeting in a couple of weeks, so I am looking forward to meeting other fellow walkers, since I am doing it by myself. And the wedding plans, well… we’re still planning. 🙂
I apologize for this rather lame post. But, this one is more for me that anyone else. I like recapping and reflecting. It’s part of what makes me, me (#6! LOL).
Happy March Everyone!